Circa 1850

Crockett - Cabin

1 Queen Bed, 2 Twin Beds

This cabin was built by William Bernhardt on a land grant from Prince Solms-Braunfels on a site 21/z miles southwest of Fredericksburg. It is built of IO-inch post oak logs and originally had a small stone cellar used to store foodstuffs. The cabin was moved to its present location log by log after each piece was coded and dismantled. These cabin restorations permit Ranch guests to enjoy the history of Texas in modern comfort while making the cabin preservations economically possible.